Ask the doctor's assistant at the Princess Máxima Center for access to the portal. Once we have set up your access, you can log in with your DigiD. Access must be given physically at the Center itself. This is for safety and security reasons, to ensure that the right people are given access to the right records.
If your child is a patient at the Princess Máxima Center, you first require authorization to gain access to the portal. More information on this is provided elsewhere in these FAQs. You can download the authorization form here.
Go to the website and click on 'Log in with DigiD'. You can log into the portal with your DigiD. Unfortunately, if you do not have a DigiD, you cannot log in.
There are two ways you can log in with your DigiD: via an SMS code or by means of the DigiD app.
Log in with DigiD via an SMS code
Use your DigiD user name and password to log in. A code will then be sent to your mobile phone.
Logging in with the DigiD app
When using the DigiD app, you log in with a QR code. If you do not have this app, you must first install and activate it.
No DigiD? Here's how to apply for it:
- Open the internet.
- Go to: digid.nl.
- Click 'request digid'.
- Follow the steps provided.
- Note: You will be asked to provide your email address and telephone number, etc.
- You will receive the letter containing instructions for activating DiGiD within 5 working days through the post.
- The Princess Máxima Center does not yet have your Citizen’s Identification Number (Burgerservicenummer (BSN)) on file or that of your child. Consequently, the portal remains closed.
- DigiD can malfunction.
- Have you saved the link to your favorites? If so, we recommend you remove the cookies in the internet options and/or delete them in your browser's history/cache.
- If this does not solve the problem, we recommend you phone the UMC Utrecht patient help desk (088 756 88 90).
- As a parent/caregiver/guardian you can apply for authorization for children up to 12 years old. Relevant details are provided below.
- For children between the ages of 12 and 16, the child must co-sign the authorization form for approval. Relevant details are provided below.
- As from the age of 16, the authorization that was previously granted automatically expires. From that age on, only the child has access to the patient portal. If the child is unable to give informed consent, the authorization can remain in effect until the age of 18, at which time the authorization expires and only (you as) a guardian or mentor can gain (temporary) access to the child's portal.
Authorizations are requested by means of a form. You can download the form here or collect it at the doctor's assistant's desk located on either the 2nd or the 3rd floor. Hand in the completed form, along with a valid proof of identity, to the doctor's assistants. They will process the authorization as soon as possible. Once it has been processed, you can log in to the portal via DigiD.
Authorizations can therefore only be submitted physically at the Center, not by email or post. This is for safety and security reasons, to ensure that the right people are given access to the right records. Every parent/caregiver/guardian who wants access to the records must adhere to this procedure.
- If you have a question for a healthcare provider about medical information in the portal, send an email to your department's nurse specialists.
- Do you have a question about an appointment posted in the portal? The appointments in the portal are often not yet definite. The scheduling office will contact you by letter, telephone or email as soon as an appointment is definite. This information is therefore indicative. Still have a question? Contact the planning office via 088 9727272.
- If you have a technical question regarding the functioning of the portal (logging in, authorizing, etc.), ask a counter at the Center or contact the UMC Utrecht help desk on 088 756 88 90 or at email@example.com.
As from the age of 16, the authorization that was previously granted automatically expires. From that age on, only the child has access to the patient portal.
If the child is unable to give informed consent, the authorization can remain in effect until the age of 18, at which time the authorization expires and only (you as) a guardian or mentor can gain (temporary) access to the child's portal.
- For medical questions, contact the primary care provider or nurse specialist.
- For questions about appointments, contact the scheduling office via 088 972 72 72.
- For technical issues, contact the UMC Utrecht help desk via 088 756 88 90 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For all other questions regarding the patient portal, email