If you are a patient at the Princess Máxima Center, ask the doctor's assistant to give you access to the portal. Once you have access, you can proceed via the 'Log in with DigiD' button above.
If your child is a patient at the Princess Máxima Center, you first require authorization to gain access to the portal.
Three age groups: who has access?
- If your child is under the age of 12, your child's permission is not required, but you must request authorization.
- If your child is between 12 and 16 years old, it is important that both parent(s)/caregiver(s)/guardian(s) and child sign the authorization.
- As from the age of 16, the authorization granted to parent(s)/caregiver(s)/guardian(s) automatically expires and only the child can log in to the portal.
How to request authorization
- Download the authorization form here. You can also ask the doctor's assistants for the authorization form.
- Hand in the completed form, along with valid proof of identity, to the doctor's assistants at the Princess Máxima Center.
- They will process the authorization as soon as possible. Once your authorization has been processed, you can log into the portal with your own DigiD.
Results displayed immediately
You can view all your medical results in the UMC Utrecht patient portal. Bear in mind that these are straightforward results, without any comments or the interpretation of the care provider.
Results can be unpleasant or unexpected. It is also possible that anomalous values are of no significance in your particular case, or that the medical practitioner has not yet been able to view or discuss the anomalies with colleagues. They can also be provisional results (such as a radiology report), which are adjusted after consultation with other doctors. During your next appointment, the medical practitioner will explain the results. Should you be worried about a result please contact the primary medical practitioner or nurse specialist.
Definite appointments via the scheduling office
The following applies to all appointments and admissions, namely that all communications from our scheduling office are indicative. They telephone, email or send out a letter once an appointment is definite. Information regarding appointments is available via the portal, but that information is not always correct. This is because appointments are frequently changed in an effort to ensure they all slot in as accurately and effectively as possible. To avoid confusion, we therefore display as few appointments as possible. Appointments at the Princess Máxima Center are not displayed at all. Appointments at the WKZ or UMC Utrecht are displayed, but are subject to change. We therefore request that you do not rely on this information.
Please be aware that a care provider might request an appointment for an examination or intervention to be scheduled before consulted with you. This appointment is displayed straight away in the portal. Here too, if you are worried about an appointment, contact the primary medical practitioner or nurse specialist.
Click here to read the Frequently Asked Questions.
- For medical questions, contact the primary care provider or nurse specialist.
- For questions regarding appointments, contact the scheduling office via 088 972 72 72.
- For technical issues, contact the UMC Utrecht help desk via 088 756 88 90 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other questions regarding the patient portal, email email@example.com.
Currently we make temporary use of the UMC Utrecht patient portal. A digital environment for parents and children of the Máxima is still under development. Much still needs to be developed and tested before it can be implemented. For the time being you can access your records and those of your child via the UMC Utrecht portal.