Five-year milestones, including:
- Fewer complications during and after surgery in children with neuroblastoma.
- Survival rate of infants with leukemia greatly increased by immunotherapy.
- Intra Operative MRI (IO MRI) reduces complications and reoperations in children with brain tumors.
- As the largest pediatric oncology center in Europe, an attractive partner for other centers and clinical trial networks worldwide.
- Leading research climate with top talent from 40 different nationalities.
In the past five years, important steps have been taken to realize the mission of the Princess Máxima Center: 'To cure every child with cancer with optimal quality of life'. Due to the concentration of care and research, the scale and international cooperation, the center occupies a top position worldwide. This is bearing fruit: 107 clinical trials have been opened and new treatments, such as various forms of immunotherapy, and (research) technologies, such as intra-operative MRI, genome sequencing and associated precision medicine, a biobank and data infrastructure, have been created in and thanks to the research hospital that was newly built at the Utrecht Science Park.